My Home for the Holidays

Yes, I'm that crazy Christmas girl. I'm the one who listens to Christmas music in July and drives everyone crazy. I'm the one who has watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer every single year since I was five, and I'm the one who says "Merry Christmas" on the first day of November. I think you get the picture - I absolutely love Christmas. I mean, what can get better than a month full of twinkling lights everywhere, parties with all your greatest friends, staying out late every night at concerts and ballets, and remembering the birth of the Savior of the world? Honestly, I think Christmas is one of the best things ever! 
Apart from the music, decorating has got to be one of the best things about Christmas. The lights, oh the lights, I just love love love them! And the trees, my word, Christmas trees are just the coolest idea... (thanks for sharing with the rest of us, Germany). 
I thought I'd share some photos with you of how my family and I decorated my house for Christmas.

I love little reminders of my heritage on the tree, especially the Danish flag - its colors are so festive. We bought this on our trip to Denmark in August.

Stockings, stockings... How cute are those bears? Sadly, we can't hang ours on the hearth *sigh* - our fire is too hot it melts them;)

Red berries in the dining room light are a definite must-have in my house at Christmas. I mean, how festive can you get if even the light decorated? 

Absolutely love this plaid initial tree ornament a friend gave me last Christmas, it always makes me feel a bit Scottish:)

How pretty is this candle from Michel Design Works?

The box for the candle (see previous photo) was so pretty I displayed it separately...
I hope you enjoyed the photos! How did you 'deck the halls' in your home this year?

Comments