My 'Mane' Friend


Meet Harry, literally the sweetest pony on the entire earth - isn't that just about the most darling face you've ever seen? I met this little dear in July of 2017 and fell in love at first sight. If you ever met him, I guarantee you would too. 


 Harry belongs to my sweet friend Noel (be sure to check out her beautiful blog). For the past few months she's let me work with her lovely pony, take riding lessons with him, and even be in a show! I've learned so much from both Noel and Harry - it's really been an experience like no other.  If you ever get the chance to work with a horse, be sure to take it - you won't regret it! There's nothing like the feeling of flying up a hill on a horse with the wind in your hair... 


Dear Harry has taught me so much about life and riding, I don't know what I would do without him. He really is just the sweetest! Riding horses, I've discovered, is all about patience. Not exactly patience for the horse (I barely needed any dealing with this sweetheart of a horse), it's more about patience for ourselves! I messed up so many times learning dressage tests, cantering techniques, and when to rise and fall with the trot. I don't know how Harry and Noel ever had the patience to deal with me... ;)


Working with Harry has taught me to have patience with myself. I naturally want to be perfect at everything I do the very first time I try it, but that simply isn't possible. Whenever I'm struggling to get something just the way I want it, I like to remember this - "Always be a work in progress."


So thank you so much Harry, for teaching me so much about life, I love you, dearest darling:)

I'd be surprised if you haven't already fallen in love with Harry just by seeing his pictures - have you even seen anything so adorable?

See you on my next post,

Lauren

Comments

  1. Aww Lauren...I love this post! Such cute pictures! I’m glad Harry has been teaching you to be more patient with yourself. Riding certainly takes lots of practice and hard-work; realizing that it's okay not to be perfect and being willing to learn from your mistakes is so important! I agree, Harry is definitely the sweetest pony on the planet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment